< GO BACK
Posted on May 5, 2015 | Philosophy Communication
After venturing out on my first Choose Colorado Tour, I learned that our traditional definition of a farmer does not compare to the diversity that actually exists. A farmer no longer carries a stigma or a definition set in concrete, rather it is a term that is forever shifting and molding; creating opportunities for people to harvest wholesome food for Colorado, the United States, and the world.
Colorado is comprised of an eclectic array of farmers that we interact with on a daily basis. They range from big time chefs and restaurants, such as Kelly Liken and the Mad Greens restaurant chain, to small families, such as Worden Farms based in Burlington, Colorado. They continue to break the mold and go beyond the traditional famer.
Our farmers, growers, and producers help shape our economy and create growth with their dynamic techniques and continuous hunger for innovation. The United States Department of Agriculture stated that less than 2% of the population feeds the other 98%. Not only is that an outstanding figure, but it is a recognition of the hard work that our state’s agricultural community continues to strive for year-round.
The next time you are at a grocery store, farmers market or restaurant, be sure to remember to not only buy local produce and goods, but also remember the individuals and families that work tirelessly to bring food to your table.
- Philosophy Communication